Open Access Policy
Universal Publishing adopts an open access operating model, and all papers published in Universal Publishing follow the golden open access policy. In accordance with major definitions of open access in scientific literature (namely the Budapest, Berlin, and Bethesda declarations), Universal Publishing defines open access by the following conditions:
· Everyone has free and unlimited access to the full text of all articles published in Universal Publishing journals without subscription or price barriers.
· Published material is immediately released in open access format (form) (no embargo period) and everyone is free to re-use the published material if proper accreditation/citation of the original publication is given.
Benefits for authors with open access
1. Open access brings more exposure to research
Open Access provides immediate and unrestricted access to published research. Because open access gives readers free access to research, researchers can also publicly promote their work on social networks or other platforms. Increased visibility brings opportunities to collaborate with other researchers, apply for grants, and receive invitations to international conferences.
2. Open access increases research impact
Free licenses provide more opportunities to reuse research, allowing others to build on your work. Your research will have a greater impact if others can borrow from your research and incorporate parts of it into their own.
3. Open access allows more people to participate in science together
The content of subscription-based journals is not easily accessible to the public, so research has become confined to the research circle, but open access has changed this situation. Whether researchers or people who are simply interested in science, they have a fair chance to learn about and contribute to science. It's important to engage with the public and get more people involved in research. Therefore, it is necessary to make your research accessible to the general public, and open access is the way to do that.